Monday, July 23, 2012

Cocoa addresses the bed issue:


 “Dear Cocoa,

I have been reading your column from day one, and I very much appreciate the information you have imparted so far; however, I have a question that you have not covered.  Why do our pets sleep on such big beds, and why are they upset when we try to share the bed?  My pets have this giant bed that sits up off the floor (with plenty of play room underneath) and enough room on the bed itself for all of us to cuddle right up close together.  But, when we felines take over the bed, my pets get angry and start pushing and shoving us trying to get us off of it.  I mean, we usually sleep during the day, but my pets tried to keep us off the bed even when they weren’t using it.  Can you answer these questions for me and give me some advice as to how we can teach our pets to leave us alone when we are sleeping?

Signed Being Shoved Off The Bed”

“Dear Being Shoved Off The Bed,

I have handled similar incidents myself.  First, the pets think that by sleeping off the floor they are warmer; and they are quite right.  The bed is warm and toasty because it doesn’t sit on the cold floor.  Second, pets believe that they have the right to keep us felines off of their bed (no way) because we get fur on the bed when we lay there--DUH!  Without the fur, the bed would not be as warm.  As far as teaching your pets, this will be a long, drawn-out process, but I am certain that you can handle it because you are feline.  First, don’t give up.  Get on the bed as often as you can.  Roll all over the bed from top to bottom.  Have all of the other felines in the house do the same.  Once the bed is covered in hair, your pets will give up trying to keep you off the bed because they will realize how much warmer it will be; then wait until they fall asleep and cuddle up on them.  When they wake, it will be too late to shove you off.

Keep your chin up and don’t let anyone give up!  Good Luck,

Signed Cocoa”

No comments:

Post a Comment