Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another dilemma solved by Cocoa the Cat

"Dear Cocoa,

I am an old hand at being an indoor cat, having been in many homes over my vast lifetime.  I have learned that there are some places that pets just won't let us felines sleep in; and now I would like to know why.  I mean, I know they don't want us on their table (but sometimes they are lit by the sun and are soo warm); and I know that they don't really want us to get on the stove (even though the food up there sometimes smells so good); but why are they so adamant about their pillows?  The pillows are so soft and they smell just like my pet who is so very good to me.  I just want to be able to smell them as I sleep away my afternoon (or morning, or evening).  But I am constantly shoo'd off of the pillows (occasionally with a great deal of force).  So please tell me why.  

Signed No Pillow Nap"

"Dear No Pillow Nap,

Yes, sadly our pets are adamant about felines not sleeping on their pillows.  I suspect, after all of my years of studying such things, that I have the true reason.  You see, pets don't live by their nose and sense of smell.  Hard to believe, but it is so true (I mean who would eat some of the awful things they eat if they could actually smell them?).  Because of this, they don't like their pillows to smell like their felines.  Another reason is they don't like the fur that is left behind.  I know that the fur makes the pillow much softer, but our pets just don't see that.  I have seen them time and time again removing the fur before going to sleep.  Sadly, they don't feel towards us as we feel towards them.  They pet good, give great toys and feed us well, but the sleeping as a family group is totally out of the question.  I guess that is something we will just have to live with.  

Signed Cocoa"

No comments:

Post a Comment