Monday, November 26, 2012

Cocoa talks about the annual challenge

"Dear Cocoa,

My pets just put up this wonderful tree which they decorated with all sorts of shiny new toys for me and my housemates.  But when we tried to climb the thing my pets sprayed us and yelled a lot.  Is this a new game for them?  Have I been challenged?  Please explain.

Signed Can't climb the tree"

"Dear Can't climb the tree,

Your pets are indeed challenging you and your housemates.  This is a tradition that dates far back in feline history.  Pets put up the tree, which is sometimes even a real one, and then put shiny and brightly colored items on it once a year.  It stays up for a few weeks and we are challenged to get to the top of the tree without our pets noticing.  Once we are on top of the tree, we are supposed to sway until the tree falls so that we can all play with the shiny items that hung on it.  I wish you luck with this challenge because once the tree goes up, pets are very vigilant about it.  

Signed Cocoa"

No comments:

Post a Comment