Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Not sure what happened

"Dear Cocoa,

I was recently introduced into a new home with a bunch of fixed males.  I am fully male and proud of it.  I was attempting to show my dominance in the home by marking the home as my territory, but the human pets got angry and threw me back outside.  Why?

Signed Not Sure What Happened"

"Dear Not Sure What Happened,


I fear you have run into the 'pet confusion' issue.  You see pets don't recognize territory or dominance in their lives and so they refuse to acknowledge them in their feline's lives.  You marked and fought for your rights, as any feline would, but the humans didn't recognize your rights.  I would leave that area and go to another pet family that has no felines or only females.  That would be a better mix for you.  However, I will caution you one step further--if you join a household as a full male, they may take you to the man in the white coat and remove that edge.  You might want to decide it you want the home or the 'edge' more.

Signed Cocoa"

No comments:

Post a Comment